- Sense of humor. Continue something playful, and keep maintaining in mind which will make convenience during your ability to possibly not simply just bring things to significant. a grin that’s legitimate laughter can also be relieve things right up a whole lot.
- Sense of versatility. Need loads therapy. This means you happen to be according to that have a period of time you to is right and you will end result into the head. The ladies is sense this liberty that is popular with them.
Whenever you are handling East ladies who is european be certain that to pay attention to the caliber of conversation, unlike other things. Girls can certainly be shopping for that is when you look at the one. Typically within the Europe, top quality is highlighted a lot more than number. Contemplate such ordinary things and you might manage fine.
Carleton College’s Ladies and you may Gender Knowledge within the Europe (WGSE) program concentrates on ladies’, feminist, and you will LGBTQ+ items across Western and Eastern-Main Europe. Users data feminist and you can queer principle, cross-social feminist methodology, and you can Eu created feminisms and you may make independent research projects whilst travelling with the Netherlands (Utrecht and Amsterdam), Germany (Berlin), the new Czech Republic (Prague and Olomouc), and you can Poland (Krakow).
- Exploring WGS products on the Netherlands, Germany, Poland and Czech Republic comparatively.
- Swinging past West frameworks and you may learning about intercourse regimes and you may records regarding ladies emancipation regarding previous Eastern Western european bloc.
- Creating and you can carrying out separate browse to your an individual situation contained in this the fresh new WGS field. Separate Pupil Programs tend to blend when you look at the-people and you can remote interviews and you may browse.
- Immediately and you may solitary-time analysis trips reflecting types of Sweden’s approach to gender rules.
One of many prominent needs of one’s program is a relative mining of European countries within its heterogeneity. The fresh program’s focus is found on bringing the margins towards cardiovascular system. Youngsters discover new historical and you can today’s knowledge of your residents off Jewish, Afro-Italian language, and Turkish experiences when you look at the Germany, regarding struggles of your Roma ladies in Poland, plus the recent transform in order to Swedish immigration policy which have less how many immigrants and you will refugees. These subjects is actually treated one another as a consequence of scholarly query and you may centered empirical sense about session, framed compliment of the talks of post-colonial, feminist, and you may queer concepts.
Precisely what does they mean to see that specific wants of feminist second revolution, like reproductive rights, accessibility to degree for females, otherwise equivalent job opportunities, was in fact contended and achieved during the a lot of the former East bloc as part and you will package of your socialist philosophy?
Why does the story from LGBTQ+ activism unfold into the a social context in which homosexuality and you will trans*sex had been talked about for the a healthcare/sexological construction until extremely recently?
This type of subject areas are framed because of our talks away from article-colonial, feminist and queer theories, and are usually explored thanks to students’ thinking-tailored profession lookup.
Following the a direction into program, WGSE players begin a comparative examination of Ladies’ and you may Sex Knowledge subject areas and you will factors from inside the Utrecht/Amsterdam, Berlin, Prague, and you can Krakow. Pupils come face to face that have best concepts within the WGS and have the opportunity to sample its training while you are concentrating on its separate studies. Participants attend lectures and take seminars that have Manager Iveta Jusova, PhD, including having NGOs, painters, activists, and professors off connected Western european colleges, plus Utrecht University, Humboldt School, Charles College or university, and you may Jagiellonian School.
During Poland, the group visits the new Auschwitz-Birkenau amount go camping. Sunday travels get students towards the Texel Isle (Netherlands), the Bad Saarow thermal nutrient salon (Germany), also to Olomouc and you will Javoricske caves during the Moravia (the fresh Czech Republic).